Summary of Position:
To accurately provide price and delivery for all our products to our customers in a timely and courteous fashion, utilizing organization and negotiating techniques, and applying resourcefulness and strong attention to detail while converting inquiries into orders. Answer customer questions concerning products/ services and their orders. Develop target and non-major accounts into loyal customers.
· Respond to sales calls, faxes, and e-mails
· Generate and follow up on quotes for all products
· Provide technical assistance to customers
· Process sales orders
· Enter return orders, credits, and debits when required
· Enter scrap return order as requested by distribution channels
· Review product inventory and report concerns to purchasing/ management
· Satisfy customer service issues
· Continuously increase knowledge of company products, services, and procedures
· Work in team environment, communicating as required with all personnel.
· Traveling as needed to meet company goals
· Monitor competitor products and prices.
· Assist in quality related duties where required
· Meets tkMNA Employee Attributes/Competencies
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to sell, negotiate and close business with customers
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Attention to detail in order to evaluate customer’s accounts and orders
- Basic computer skills in order to assemble and process orders and information in a timely
and efficient manner
- Effective communication and listening skills necessary when answering phone calls from customers and associating with peers.
- A minimum of 2 years sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or comparable experience
- Knowledge of products being sold by the business unit – Metals or similar commodity
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection