ThyssenKrupp Aerospace NA is looking for a Material Handler I. You will apply metal to customer orders and accurately process material according to the work order specifications. You will ensure that processing equipment is maintained in a safe and clean condition. You will also maintain processing area in a clean, safe and orderly manner. Complete all required information entry accurately. You will also be working alongside a diverse group of people.
To be considered for this Job, you MUST have:
- An individual must possess a high school diploma/ GED
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs
- Perform basic math skills
We HIGHLY prefer candidates who have:
- Previous warehouse experience - especially in the metals industry
- Previous forklift experience
- Use of hand held measuring tools
- Computer literate.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Operate cranes, forklifts, and other material handling equipment.
- Pull, inspect and verify product before processing
- Properly and safely set up equipment to run material to set up note specifications.
- Process set up notes according to work order specifications
- Verify that product meets set up note specifications per written work instructions and record measurements (sampling plan)
- Communicate with appropriate sales representative regarding changes/clarification to orders
- Perform equipment preventive maintenance
- Properly enter/delete material identification tags per written instructions
- Perform general clean-up
- Assist in the packaging of material per written work instructions and work order
- Maintain issued measurement equipment in working condition
- Properly operate weighing scale and record inspection measurements
- Identify, record, and segregate scrap and any non-conforming material
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding machine efficiency and product quality.
- Complete job responsibilities in a manner that does not put him/herself or other individuals in an unsafe situation.
- Train others when required
- Assist in any activities related to lean and/or quality
Das bieten wir
In return, we offer a competitive compensation plan that includes medical, dental and vision benefits effective on your first day of employment with ThyssenKrupp Aerospace; 401(k) program with match; Generous paid vacation and holidays; option to buy additional vacation days; job training and development; life insurance; short and long term disability; flexible spending accounts; and employee assistance program.
We also value providing employees with various career growth and advancement opportunities.
For more information on ThyssenKrupp Aerospace NA, http://www.tkxaerospace.com.
ThyssenKrupp Materials NA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you believe your experience, competencies and attitude are a STRONG MATCH with the above description, we would love to hear from you.
Qualified candidates please apply. Recruiters, Agencies or third parties please don’t contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers. Only full time positions are available. (Local Candidates Only) Role specific