The Talent & Organizational Development Manager is a dynamic change agent that designs, plans, and implements talent and organizational development initiatives. Partnering closely with the Director, HR, will be responsible for learning and development, succession planning, workforce planning, talent acquisition & onboarding, performance management, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I), and the employee life cycle. This position will also be responsible for assisting in predictive HR analytics to support the business. The incumbent will have high visibility within the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Director, HR to set annual talent management goals and three (3) year strategic roadmap for talent and organizational development function.
- Deploys the strategic vision and associated programs to attract (recruitment), retain, assess, and develop talent across Bilstein of America.
- Directs and partners with HR colleagues to develop succession planning, workforce planning, talent pipelines, mentor and talent planning, talent development and training, and is an active participant in overall talent initiatives with Director, HR.
- Identifies and embeds recruitment strategies and develops external relationships to ensure an optimal presence for the organization as an employer of choice.
- Leads the performance process and assists the HR Business partners with the following:
- trains employees on performance system,
- works with department managers to develop performance measures,
- leads performance calibration sessions (SLT-1),
- assesses performance outcomes, and
- recommends training and development opportunities to increase employee effectiveness.
- Executes a talent acquisition strategy by collaborating with the marketing organization and senior leadership to develop the employer brand; leveraging the brand across digital technologies, thereby enabling the company to attract, assess, hire, and retain the right people to grow the business.
- Establishes, maintains, and monitors appropriate metrics to gauge the overall effectiveness and efficiency of our talent management and recruiting process. Uses this information to recommend process improvements as appropriate.
- Develop the Learning and Development function.
- Create, execute and manage the overall Learning and Development strategy and plan in alignment with key priorities for the organization.
- Conducts annual organizational needs assessment and identifies learning needs and/or solutions to address skills, knowledge, competency, and performance gaps building strong partnerships with managers across Bilstein of America.
- Works with HR partners to facilitate more routine and consistent usage of standard assessment tools and practices to support talent development.
- Develops and maintains strategic college relationships, targeting specific degree programs from which to recruit, and establishes strong connections between various Bilstein leaders and team members with key faculty, staff and student organizations associated with those programs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in talent development and strategic alignment with business needs experience within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, finance, marketing and/or sales highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct one-on-one conversations with leaders (all levels) that lead to talent and organizational development initiatives.
- Proven ability to apply a consultancy approach having effectively managing expectations of stakeholders and clients.
- Experience in launching and sustaining talent pipeline programs through the capture of key sourcing intelligence, effectively converting passive candidates and utilizing diverse sourcing channels.
- Ability to apply business knowledge into practical solutions based on business strategy or organizational changes.
- Proven experience managing competing demands and accepting constructive feedback while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Demonstrated ability to command the attention and respect of leaders.
- Possesses and demonstrates strong influencing and negotiation skills specifically with business leaders and HR partners.
- Proven experience handling sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, relationship building, multi-tasking, organizational, presentation, collaboration, follow-up, negotiating skills and project management skills.
- Has in-depth knowledge and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated experience establishing customer relationships and a track record of excellent customer satisfaction required.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation packages, Bilstein of America proudly offers a rich history, steeped in innovation and a lasting commitment to our customers, employees and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.bilsteinrocks.com.
Benefits offered on the first of the month after your employment date:
- Medical, Dental and Optical
- 401(k) with 5% company match (after 90 days of employment)
- Company paid short-term disability (after 6 months employment)
- Paid personal time off
- Annual Company bonus