Summary of Position:
At tkMNA, the Solution Architect serves as the critical link between technical teams and business needs, responsible for analyzing requirements, crafting comprehensive architectural designs, and ensuring alignment with business objectives. This role encompasses technical leadership by guiding teams, making informed technology choices, and mitigating potential risks throughout solution lifecycles.
The solutions architect proactively and holistically leads and supports EA activities that guide the development and management of a portfolio of solutions. Solutions include projects and products, systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
- Actively engage with business and technical stakeholders, to develop and action IT strategies, identify and elaborate opportunities, align business requirements, develop, and communicate conceptual designs and assist in the development of business case scenarios to realize benefits ~ 25%
- Working with business and technical stakeholders
- Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work
- Works closely with the product owners and product managers to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the product life cycle
- Understands business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determines corresponding enterprise solution designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes
- Document and develop knowledge of companys existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio
- Works closely with other IT departments.
- Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements
- Monitors micro- and macroscopic trends in EA as well as global currents, including economic, political, social/cultural, environmental, regulatory/legal and/or technological disruptions for effective decision-making
- Supports product managers in end-of-life product decisions to maintain, refresh or retire services or systems, including applications, technologies, processes and information
- Requirement Analysis and Solution Design
- Stakeholder Communication and Collaboration
- Responsible for full life cycle planning, solution design, architectural guidance and operational transition across multiple business and IT domains. Acts as the lead designer on all projects, engages hands-on on larger complex initiatives= ~ 40%
- Act as the lead architect on key projects for the definition and design of solutions
- Accountable for the overall project outcome
- Ensure the team follows proper deployment practices.
- Ensure there is a documented testing plan for the project.
- Ensure the team is prepared for Sprint review by testing expected functionality beforehand.
- Set timelines for QA to occur and communicate to the team.
- Work with the team to validate UI functionality, data integrity, and code quality.
- Establish peer testing and code review practices.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS, or related field, or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or cloud development.
- Minimum 3 years of experience defining and implementing complex IT architectures.
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating plans and developing business cases.
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading teams, facilitating client workshops, and developing architecture recommendations.
- Minimum 3 years, comprehensive and demonstrable experience at an intermediate/expert level in:
- Business Architecture
- Data and Information Architecture and Governance
- Architecture Operating Model
- Architecture Strategy and Planning
- IT Governance
- Infrastructure and Cloud Architecture
- Integration Architecture
- Security Architecture
- Solution and Application Architecture
- Technology and Platforms
- Good understanding of strategic and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- Deep functional or industry experience in specific Enterprise Architecture components
- Enterprise Architecture industry certifications (e.g., TOGAF, AWS, GCP, Azure) You have experience in design and implementation of emerging technologies (e.g., IoT, AI, Blockchain, Robotics)
- Results-oriented, self-directed and enjoy shaping, and delivering strategic Enterprise Architecture
- Continually build your knowledge of emerging technology and architecture trends and apply those to develop innovative approaches to deliver value for our businesses.
- Skilled at breaking down issues into logical parts and constructing analyses that lead to actionable recommendations.
- Good communication and people skills and are a natural at building relationships and collaborative problem-solving.
- Strong aspiration to deepen your enterprise architecture expertise and play a leadership role in the Enterprise Architecture practice and broader Enterprise Architecture Community.
- Knowledge of various backend development languages like Java, Go and Python (Add preferred languages)
- Good understanding of various database technologies like MySQL, MongoDB and Oracle (Add preferred technologies)
- Sound knowledge of relevant enterprise, cloud or customer relationship management (CRM) systems (Add the name of the relevant system)
- Knowledge of various artificial intelligence/machine learning frameworks (AI/ML) (stretch) (If applicable, expand to add relevant skills)
- Data savvy with knowledge of various aspects of a technology architecture like integration, network and security
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection