Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Development of Quality Concepts for Series Production
- Develops quality concepts for series production and defines measures to ensure quality standards in coordination with the responsible quality engineer for each area.
- Develops and implements reliability analysis, design, validation and assessment methods to support successful new product introductions and or sustaining product changes.
- Provides quality leadership during new process acquisition phases
- Leads the quality team during new product and process launch initiatives (D-FMEA, P-FMEA, APQP, PPAP).
- Provides training and support to employees on all quality concerns, customer complaints and application of quality methodologies.
Leading Continuous Improvement Projects
- Maintains a knowledge base of lessons learned to enable continuous improvement.
- Identifies equipment/product/process needs and develops programs for improvement affecting safety, quality, yield and productivity.
- Participates in risk analysis and development of risk mitigation strategies.
- Leads cross functional teams with continuous improvement tools to reduce scrap, improve machine uptime, and improve output.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Provides ongoing quality engineering support throughout the product life cycle. Provides support to development, engineering and manufacturing functions for validation planning and transfer activities. Assists teams in determining validation needs, strategies, and requirements.
- Leads and drives data acquisition projects in order to improve continuous improvement based on statistical data.
Development and Improvement of the QM System
- Performs reviews of quality documentation for compliance with quality requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records together with the responsible quality engineers for each area.
- Implements and improves standard quality processes and ensures standard processes are being followed.
Definition and Achievement of Quality Goals
- Defines goals together with management for the quality department and measures progress vs. the defined goal.
- Provides management with status updates on assigned responsibilities and goals and escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to Quality Policy to ensure our products and services meet customer’s expectations.
- Supports requirements for certifications (ISO, IATF16949, etc.) including documentation, PPAP, internal audits, etc.
- Conducts quality audits as prescribed by the local quality registration (ISO or Customer Requirements).
- Ensures compliance and safety of all activities within the organization standards and policies.
Education, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, quality or related field
- Substantial work experience as a Quality Engineer in automotive manufacturing. Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the use of total quality management, statistical methods, quality tools, root cause analysis / resolution, risk analysis, SPC, MSA, and design of experiments.
- Recognized within the organization as a technical expert in all quality related processes and methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience properly applying risk analysis and problem failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) for automotive products.
- Proven experience identifying process shortcomings through data analysis and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Experience in designing and implementing corrective action in response to process escapes.
- Proven experience in problem solving, design process auditing, and 5-why analysis.
- Possesses substantial knowledge of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 (ISO/TS 16949) quality management system and quality control techniques.
- Proven expertise with APQP/PPAP disciplines.
- Superior knowledge of statistical software such as Minitab, Infinity or equivalent systems, along with MS Office suite.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Writes quality assurance reports that describe manufacturing problems, corrective actions taken and preventative measures needed.
- Proven record of customer interface and ability to manage multiple projects and programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven time management, organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills to successfully complete responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviors in all activities; maintains accountability for performance.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed organization skills.
- Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes for the team/customers.
- Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
- Collaboration of the development, implementation and maintenance of control plans, product specific specifications, work instructions and supportive certifications and test documents (i.e. operator instructions and operator forms)
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation packages, Bilstein of America proudly offers a rich history, steeped in innovation and a lasting commitment to our customers, employees and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.bilsteinrocks.com.
Benefits offered on the first of the month after your employment date:
- Medical / Dental / Optical
- 401(k) with 5% company match (after 90 days of employment)
- Company paid short-term disability (after 6 months employment)
- Paid personal time off
- Annual Company bonus