thyssenkrupp Uhde combines unique technological expertise and decades of global experience in the engineering, procurement, construction and service of chemical plants. We develop innovative processes and products for a more sustainable future and thus contribute to the long-term success of our customers in almost all areas of the chemical industry. Our portfolio includes leading technologies in the field of sustainable chemicals and fuels. Starting with renewable power (Power-to-X) and/or 2ndgeneration biomass (Biomass-to-X), the entire process chains up to hydrogen, ammonia, methanol, SNG (Synthetic Natural Gas) and SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) can be offered.
With decades of experience and more than 100 gasifiers built, the current uhde®entrained-flow gasification process (also known as PRENFLO gasification) is the result of continuous development and optimization. The suitability of the PRENFLO technology for biomass gasification was impressively demonstrated with the BioTfueL®demonstration plant in Dunkirk, France. With this excellent market position for biomass gasification, Uhde is now contributing to a more sustainable production of chemicals and fuels.
Become a part of it!
You will contribute to the equipment design and engineering for production plants of synthesis gas from biomass. The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the creation, storage, and dissemination of all documentation related to proprietary equipment of the biomass gasification island:
- As part of "Basic Engineering Packages" (BEP) and contracts to supply proprietary equipment, you create technical concepts and work together with other engineering disciplines
- You generate detail drawings and parts lists for equipment fabrication
- Develop general arrangement drawings for proprietary equipment
- Develop new products as well as expand existing product lines through the use of advanced 3-dimensional modeling software
- Prepare and issue requests for quotations and purchase requisitions
- Preform technical reviews of vendor designed components that interface with proprietary equipment
- Inspect fabricated components for conformity to corporate quality standards
- Meet with clients and suppliers to discuss technical matters
- University degree in mechanical engineering
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Inventor, and Microsoft office
- Prior experience with equipment utilized in chemical plants, ideally in the field of gasification
- Effectively communicate with the clients, project teams, equipment suppliers, field services, and office staff
- You have initiative, willingness to make decisions and assertiveness and are willing to take on an interesting, complex task and assume a high degree of responsibility
- You speak English very well and see our international working atmosphere as an asset
- You are flexible and are happy to travel to our customers, partners and construction sites around the world if required.
- You enjoy working in a motivated team to create a livable planet
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, please apply online now under specification of your salary requirement and your notice period.
Human Resources Development