Thyssenkrupp Aerospace is looking for a Safety Training Manager who will work under the general guidance of the Corporate Safety Practitioner & Corporate Training Manager, reports directly to operational Plant Manager. The Safety-Training Manager acts as leader, educator, liaison and partner in pursuing excellence and value in the plants and/or office using the concepts of Continuous Improvement problem solving. The Safety-Training Manager must understand and communicate the issues and supporting data that impact the quality of Safety & Training, as well as the improvement tools necessary to support the desired culture.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive by thyssenkrupp under applicable laws in the state of Washington. Accordingly, any application for this position that is considered for employment with thyssenkrupp requires successful completion of pre-employment drug testing, which may include testing for marijuana in accordance with any applicable federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to any such laws in the state of Washington.
- Implements, and coordinates safety program for the location, and monitors work processes, procedures to drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals
- Facilitate training to operations/office personnel on safety processes and practices, new initiatives and injury and accident avoidance
- Administer and monitor Behavior Based Safety initiatives. Plays a key role in changing and fostering a corporate safety culture
- Facilitate two-way communication with leadership & employees, and other communication mediums regarding safety performance, incidents, and other related information
- Perform internal audits to identify non-compliance, hazardous conditions & unsafe behaviors; audit scope includes processes, facilities and equipment
- Manage improvement opportunities & non-compliance corrections through implementation
- Mentor operational management in safety process
- Perform accidents/incidents investigations and facilitates the development of root cause corrections
- Conduct hazard assessment, including identification of hazards and corrective action plans
- Facilitate safety committee meetings
- Oversee all operational training and ensure requirements are satisfied.
- Provide leadership, coaching, formal & informal training in support of on-going initiatives
- Identifying training and development needs within an organization
- Make training plan monthly, quarterly, annually
- Partner with operational managers to identify specific training needs and works with Corporate Training Manager to design required training.
- Supervise the work of trainers
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- This is a Safety Sensitive role, the company is dedicated to the safety of all employees, and we are looking for candidates that are safety oriented to join our team.
- Demonstrated leadership and classroom facilitation skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret regulatory requirements (federal, state and provincial) and apply them to the workplace.
- Knowledge & experience to provide effective training on all appropriate safety related topics
- Ability to travel infrequently
- Excellent Computer skills Power point, Excel, Word, Visio and Project
- Identify unsafe behaviors and unsafe conditions in the workplace using regulatory requirements & best safety practices
- Basic understanding of ergonomic principals, ability to perform ergonomic assessments and develop ergonomic improvements
- Knowledge of Behavior Based Safety concepts and ability to illicit the involvement of Leaders & employees in correcting undesirable behaviors
- Analytical aptitude necessary to conduct root cause analysis, develop and oversee implementation of appropriate corrective actions
- Team building ability to involve employees and the leadership team in the process
- Bachelors degree in a safety related field & 3 Year experience in safety management
- Formal training in regulatory requirements (OSHA 10-hour, OSHA 30-hours, etc.)
- Prior experience in the management of organization training requirements
thyssenkrupp Materials, LLC (Aerospace) offers a very competitive compensation plan. We invite you to start your career with us by applying today. Once you are selected, you would enjoy the following benefits as a valued member of our organization:
- Salaried positions may be eligible to receive incentive compensation through Balanced Scorecard Program with an on-target bonus based on objectives as determined and defined by the company, at its sole discretion, those objectives track our fiscal year.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits effective the first of the month following your hire date with thyssenkrupp Aerospace.
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k plan with a 100% employee match up to the first 4% - employees vest after 3 years of service
- 3 weeks (120 hours) paid vacation (pro-rated based on date of hire). Ability to purchase up to a week of vacation during open enrollment for the following year, ability to rollover up to 40 hours of vacation into the next year.
- Holiday Pay: For a 5-day 8-hour shift you will receive up to 88 hours of holiday pay, for a 4-day 10-hour shift, you will receive up to 80 hours of holiday pay, and for a 3-day 12-hour shift you will receive up to 72 hours of holiday pay depending on the date of hire and the holiday schedule posted as it changes yearly.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 8 hours paid time off for Volunteering with charities
- Job Training and Development programs
- Discount Programs on travel, auto, entertainment, tickets, beauty, spa, health, and wellness.
If you believe your experience, competencies and attitude are a STRONG MATCH with the above description, we would love to hear from you.
Qualified candidates please apply. Recruiters, Agencies or third parties please don’t contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers. Only full-time positions are available. (Local Candidates Only) Role specific