Our Copper and Brass Sales team is looking for a new Regional Operations Manager for our West Coast.
Plans and directs the manufacturing operation of one or more plants in a specified region/major geographic area or major segment/division of the organization. Oversees the implementation of production schedules, personnel requirements, quality control, plant performance standards, and safety programs.
This role has travel across 7 locations in the Western US and Western Canada - 50%-60% travel
- Ensure achievement of key performance indicators in the areas of productivity, deliveries, customer satisfaction, quality, and safety.
- Effectively communicate and gather data for continuous process improvement
- Expense accountability (within the operations area)
- Quality Accountability (co-author Work instructions, with department personnel)
- Revise work instructions as needed
- Identify and implement Lean techniques in all departments
- Reporting verbally and electronically the tactical and strategic level of production performance
- Employee training with the Quality and Safety systems
- Monitoring of resources; equipment and personnel
- Direct, train and mentor Branch level employees
- Plant process well being
- Compliance to EEOC / OSHA/WIHA laws
- Processing of quality raw material from receipt to delivery at point of use.
- Cost saving analysis through continuous improvements and training
- Strong leadership skills to lead and motivate the team to achieve organizational goals.
- Analytical skills to be able to analyze data, recognize patterns and make informed decisions that improve operations in a timely manner.
- Strategic thinking to help develops detailed plans that align with the overall business strategy.
- Flexible and adaptable to change in the business environment to adjust operations accordingly.
- A strong customer focus on meeting customer needs and ensuring that operations are aligned with customer expectations.
· Bachelor's degree in engineering or business
· 3 – 5 years of management or supervisory experience
· Clear decision-making abilities
· Risk assessment and prioritization skills
· High level of organizational skills
· Proven ability to mentor and coach team members
· Actively participate in lean and continuous improvement activities with measurable results
· Understanding of warehouse processes and impact of decisions
· May represent PM on projects and customer meetings
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Personnel management; including headcount, hiring, org chart
**Must be eligible to work in the USA to be considered, no sponsorship opportunities***
We are open to someone based out of Fresno, CA, Santa Fe Springs, CA or Portland, OR locations for this opportunity!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the
performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities or requirements.
We value people as our greatest resource and offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, employer-matched 401(k) plan, paid time off and an array of employee purchasing incentives.
If you are interested in furthering your education, we have awesome reimbursement programs for graduate, undergraduate, trade school and more!
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection