· Collaborates with Sales, Engineering, Quality, and Operations functions to satisfy both internal and external customer expectations through the overall management of new program launches through the identification and coordination of appropriate resources, determination of project scope, and managing and communicating project timelines, deliverables, issues, risks, and success metrics.
· Strategizes and outlines goals and objectives of the program.
· Leads cross-functional project teams to solve problems and chairs regular project meetings to track progress towards shared objectives.
· Monitors profitability of projects and ensures expected targets are achieved.
· Develops and monitors budgets for assigned projects and assures that costs are planned, invoiced, and distributed appropriately.
· Maintains a clear project plan with major milestones and critical paths clearly identified.
· Tracks project progress against defined cost and timing objectives and reacts proactively to potential variances.
· Ensures projects align to the strategic initiatives defined for the Business by gathering appropriate information from individuals and the project team in order to make correct decisions.
· Completes accurate, high quality documentation of projects, including project schedules, status reports, and action plans.
· Manages and submits program reports for upper management and executive review.
· Presents program status and escalates issues as necessary to program sponsors and steering committees.
· Coordinates engineering changes through the change management process.
· Travels to customer and supplier locations as well as to international Bilstein facilities as necessary.
· Communicates with customers regarding Bilstein’s products, facilities, and capabilities.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent education and experience.
· In-depth knowledge of, and experience working in, the automotive or heavy vehicle industry with a history of increasing responsibility.
· Substantial relevant large-scale Project Management experience.
· In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies, tools & techniques.
· Bias to action, proven ability to successfully get things done.
· Proven experience delivering effective presentations to executive management.
· Demonstrates competency to being structured, organized and detail oriented.
· Is an independent thinker and problem-solver that is comfortable working in a changing operational organizational environment.
· Strong leadership, mentoring, organizational and communication skills.
· Proven experience collaborating with internal and external customers, senior leadership and project managers.
· Sufficient technical acumen to participate in engineering discussions with internal and external parties.
· Willingness to travel to customer and supplier locations and to international Bilstein facilities.
· Strong, highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Demonstrated record of building both internal and customer relationships and rapport.
· Strongly demonstrated leadership skills, including sound reasoning and decision-making ability.
· Is able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively with minimal direct supervision.
· Is highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation packages, Bilstein of America proudly offers a rich history, steeped in innovation and a lasting commitment to our customers, employees and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.bilsteinrocks.com.
Benefits offered on the first of the month after your employment date:
- Medical, Dental and Optical
- 401(k) with 5% company match (after 90 days of employment)
- Company paid short-term disability (after 6 months employment)
- Paid personal time off
- Annual Company bonus