Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
Designs shock absorber and strut applications by working collaboratively with customers, Process Engineering & production personnel to meet customer specifications & expectations.
Researches & analyses data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
Manages the coordination of fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to Engineering design and customer specifications.
Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
Develops shock absorber and strut component assemblies with customers, suppliers, and internal customers.
Leads design of shock absorber and system team consisting of Bilstein colleagues from Manufacturing, Quality, Logistics and other departments to bring product into production per customer time tables.
Presents design concerns, issues and final solutions to cross-functions teams during the Design Review, Drawing Review and Customer Focus Team (CFT) meetings
Plans and coordinates all test activities according to the Customer and Bilstein specifications
Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Complies with Export Controls/ITAR regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience in design for automotive manufacturing components (preferred)
- Strong background in automotive & suspensions (preferred)
- Understanding of material properties & characteristics of critically used materials such as steel, aluminium, sintered metals, rubber and plastic components, and various coatings
- Ability to comprehend drawings and GD&T along with some awareness of CAD software
- Demonstrated ability to analyse FEA/CFD results
- Experience with coordination and presentation of technical data and information to key component suppliers & customers
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one & small group situations to Customers, clients, & others
- Proven ability to read and interpret customer specifications and industry standards
- Self-starter and able to work without day-to-day direction
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to plan, monitor, and control a project from start to finish ensuring everyone meets their deadlines
- Highly organized with ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviors in all activities; maintains accountability for performance
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed organizational and communication skills
- Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes for the team/customers
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation packages, Bilstein of America proudly offers a rich history, steeped in innovation and a lasting commitment to our customers, employees and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.bilsteinrocks.com.
Benefits offered on the first of the month after your employment date:
- Medical, Dental and Optical
- 401(k) with 5% company match (after 90 days of employment)
- Company paid short-term disability (after 6 months employment)
- Paid personal time off
- Annual Company bonus