Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares for shift’s production requirements by: familiarizing themselves with schedule, noting part numbers and approximate quantities; powers-up Sames and Kremlin Panels, and paint drum agitators
- Replaces clear plastic on booth lights daily, and protective cardboard floor covering as needed
- Readies paint materials needed for the day’s production run and completes materials Log Sheet.
- Upon placement of new drums, viscosities are measured and batch numbers recorded on log sheets.
- Completes preparation by set-up of paint tables and encoding the Sames Unit.
- Confirms operations readiness with other line functions before conveyor loading.
- Primes system with appropriate color and records/ reviews on computer system.
- Completes operations log, and ratio setting procedures as required.
- Maintains frequent visual observation of painting process by shining light through paint booth windows, checking for complete coverage and fluid output. Performs random dry thickness tests during painting process.
- Flushes paint system at close of production run. Powers-down Sames and Kremlin Units, as well as agitators when there is no next-day production. Removes plastic from booth lights.
- Performs routine daily housekeeping duties at shift’s end, and as directed by Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Responsible for compliance with all posted work instructions, including quality and safety.
- Responsible for communicating issues to team leaders, and following shift’s crews when necessary.
- Manually hand spray products
· Possesses a stable work history, preferably in a manufacturing environment, and a strong personal desire to work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
· Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work ethic and willingness to do what needs to be done (without taking shortcuts.)
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude. Possesses a logical method of problem solving and willingness to learn and improve one’s skills. Demonstrates a strong commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements at all times.
· Must be able to work required overtime that can be substantial during peak customer production periods.
· Possesses good hand-eye coordination and is able to perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail and quality.
· Gains satisfaction from team accomplishments and takes pride in one’s contributions.
· Sets high expectations and achieves results.
· Uses time wisely and is accountable to self and the team.
· Able to lift up to 40 pounds, perform repetitious duties and walk or stand for long periods of time on a daily basis.
· Ability to read and understand blue prints and work instructions.
· Demonstrated reliability, good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
· High School Diploma or G.E.D. and be able to read, write, and speak in English.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
· Basic use of a personal computer
Certifications & licenses (i.e. CPA, etc.):
· None required
· Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Bilstein has great benefits to offer!
A Safe and Clean working environment. Temperature controlled manufacturing plant.
Health, Dental & Vision Coverage within 30 days of permanent hire.
401K Program with 50% vest after 1 year and 100% vest after 2 years
Paid Time Off + 13 Paid Holidays
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Company Bonus Program
Internal Growth Opportunities
Free Steel Toed Shoes
For additional information on our company culture, company benefits, or to potentially get scheduled for an interview, please text SHOCKS to 25000
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection