The Rotating Equipment Mechanical Engineer provides leadership for the mechanical engineering department to enable the organization to meet its business objectives. The engineer has overall responsibility for the execution of rotating equipment engineering and design work and assures and monitors budget, schedule and quality.
- Provides technical direction to the rotating equipment engineering and design discipline.
- Monitors engineering, design execution, and deliverables development on a Project Level. Evaluates technical solutions and methods, quality of work product, productivity of engineers, cost vs. budget for procured items, and schedule performance.
- Ensure all rotating equipment applications, designs, specifications, vendor bids, and vendor documentation satisfies project standards and applicable design standards / codes.
- Acts on a project level as required to solve technical issues.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive programs and activities of major consequence.
- Displays good understanding of general PE requirements and needs.
- Clearly understands company goals and vision, and manages for achievement.
- Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments on a departmental level.
- Reviews design basis documents and execution plans.
- Checks complex work and maintains, develops and implements engineering procedures and technical standards and specifications for their discipline.
- Reviews cost estimates (materials, equipment and Man-hour) within their discipline.
- Assures work is carried out in accordance with company technical standards and procedures and evaluates/changes procedures based on project specific feedback.
- Understands engineering discipline interfaces and is able to direct discipline engineers in executing multi-disciplinary projects.
- Exercises high degree of ingenuity and originality in devising technical solutions to problems.
- When necessary, supervises engineering work and acts as professional engineer.
- Develops or provides direction for cost effective engineering for fabrication and construction from the disciplines perspective.
- Receives general administrative direction from management.
- Follows schedule priorities set by the project
- Routinely interacts with co-workers, suppliers, clients, customers, official contacts, contractors, and others.
- Provides effective sales support on proposals to clients and customers.
- Represents the organization in front of clients and customers to gain trust.
- Proactively interfaces with existing clients to correct actual or perceived engineering deficiencies.
- Proactively informs management of engineering performance issues on a project and departmental level.
- Represents the organization and maintains liaison with individuals and organizations to advance technical know-how, market the company, understand the market.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Routinely interacts with other engineering disciplines, suppliers, clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key engineers and subject matters experts within the company.
- Demonstrates skills in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- BS/MS Engineering, Applied Science, or equivalent.
- PE registration highly desired
Expected Min. Years of Relevant Industry Experience
- 10+ years
Health, Safety, and Environmental are core values of our company!
You will be expected to actively promote, support, and participate in the INCIDENT FREE philosophy and work in a safe manner at all times.
thyssenkrupp Uhde USA recognizes and appreciates the exceptional quality of its employees. We are proud to offer challenging jobs with competitive benefits. Employees of tkIS USA receive a variety of financial and personal job benefits. The suite of benefits offered is meant as a supplement to your financial package and adds to your total compensation. Below is a brief summary of benefits which are available to all fulltime employees:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance - Company Paid
- STD/LTD - Company Paid
- FSA & HSA
- Voluntary Accident
- Hospital Indemnity
- Critical Illness
- Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) Plan
- Roth IRA
- Supplemental Life & ADD
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection