The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the execution of all mechanical engineering and design documents according to project budget, schedule and quality. Responsible for all related procurement packages. Reports in a strong matrix organization to the Engineering Manager for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with a group of engineers and designers providing technical direction primarily at a project level. Projects will be located in North America, and may be green or brown field. Project personnel may be located at the same office location, or remotely in other time zones. Project personnel may also not be direct employees.
- Ability to perform duties of responsible engineer over engineering work under their supervision, including sealing of contract documents when required is considered a plus. Documents required to be sealed may be, but not limited to: Engineering Specifications, Equipment Data Sheets, Equipment Lists, Plot Plans, Piping Specifications, Paint and Insulation Specifications, Piping Fabrication Specifications, and Piping Stress Analysis.
- Sets priorities and reconciles conflicting interests over the duration of a project.
- Demonstrates through actions an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Viewed as a technical resource.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of engineering work for a project.
- Plans, schedules or coordinates the preparation of documents or completion of activities for multiple projects.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7 years minimum Mechanical Engineering experience in the industry. (MS degree may count toward 1 year of work experience).
- Mechanical engineering experience in the power, petrochemical, heavy industrial, chemical plants and heavy industrial process industry. Additional industries may be considered based on experience gained.
Required and preferred Certifications & Memberships:
- Professional Engineering (PE) registrations (preferred).
- Ability to promptly obtain further PE registrations as business needs arise.
- Ability to operate as Designated Professional (or similar depending on jurisdiction) as necessary for business or organizational needs. (preferred)
- Continual maintenance of professional registrations obtained.
- Meets Model Law Engineer requirements and holds NCEES record (preferred).
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential holder (preferred).
- Interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates engineering assignments on a project level.
- Assures all engineering work is carried out in accordance with tk Uhde technical standards and procedures, contract requirements, and applicable governmental regulations.
- Fully versed in the operation of the Mechanical Engineering discipline, including: static equipment, utility equipment, piping, and layout.
- Maintains an advanced level of understanding and expertise for how engineering concepts are applied to solve problems.
- Experienced in specifying, ordering, and managing:
- Pressure Vessels
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers
- Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers
- Surface Condensers
- Air Cooled heat Exchanger
- Filter and Separators
- Columns and Internal
- Cooling Towers
- Compressed Air Packaged Skids
- Compressed Nitrogen Packaged Skids
- Water Treatment Packaged Skids
- Refrigeration Compression Equipment
- Bulk Material Handling Equipment
- Packaged Boilers
- Piping Specialty Items
- Spring Hangers
- Specialty Supports
- Participates and assists in inspections for static and packaged equipment.
- Reviews and comments on equipment and design drawing packages developed by third-party suppliers. Assists with third-party supplier interface as required.
- Checks drawings, specifications and calculations produced by design team, suppliers, and equipment or packaged unit providers.
- Provides Procurement with RFQ and RFP packages to procure equipment as required for each project. Participates in vendor review and selection process including participation in shop audits.
- Knowledge of API, CSA, ANSI and ASME standards.
- Knowledge and use of ACAD is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowldege of protective coatings and corrosion protection.
- Detailed understanding of metal fabrication processes, technique’s and inspection requirements.
- Assists upper level management as well as other engineering disciplines as required.
- Supervises the preparation and review of design drawings, calculations, visual aids, technical specifications/data sheets for complex Electrical systems.
- Familiar with the standard engineering office computer software including Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Power Point.
thyssenkrupp Uhde USA recognizes and appreciates the exceptional quality of its employees. We are proud to offer challenging jobs with competitive benefits. Employees of tkIS USA receive a variety of financial and personal job benefits. The suite of benefits offered is meant as a supplement to your financial package and adds to your total compensation. Below is a brief summary of benefits which are available to all fulltime employees:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance - Company Paid
- STD/LTD - Company Paid
- FSA & HSA
- Voluntary Accident
- Hospital Indemnity
- Critical Illness
- Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) Plan
- Roth IRA
- Supplemental Life & ADD
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection