Material Handlers are responsible for supporting our Logistics team in transporting of materials to and from the Bilstein Logistics Center (BLC) to the production lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Picks and pulls material, either finished goods or components.
- Operates a scale to weigh count material.
- Performs physical counts of materials.
- Operates various forklifts (order filler, stand-up reach, sit down electric, scissor lift) to move materials and product to designated area.
- Labels materials.
- Identifies part numbers and quantity accurately.
- Uses RF scanner to pick material and confirm TOs.
- Stacks material properly for safe transportation.
- Loads and unloads material from trailers.
- Operates dock leveler and dock lock.
- Operates banding and stretch wrap machines.
- Identifies discrepant materials/components both in writing and verbally to Supervisor.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous basic forklift experience with ability to obtain a license and operate various forklifts (order filler, stand-up reach, sit down electric, scissor lift).
- Possesses a stable work history and a strong personal desire to work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work ethic and willingness to do what needs to be done (without taking shortcuts.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude.
- Possesses a logical method of problem solving and willingness to learn and improve one’s skills.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements at all times.
- Must be able to work required overtime that can be substantial during peak customer production periods.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination and is able to perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Gains satisfaction from team accomplishments and takes pride in one’s contributions.
- Demonstrated reliability, good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- Highly organized with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviors in all activities; maintains accountability for performance.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed organizational and communication skills.
- Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes for the team/customers.
Some of Bilstein's Benefits include:
A Safe and Clean working environment
Health, Dental & Vision Coverage within 30 days of permanent hire
401K Program with immediate vested match
Paid Time Off + 13 Paid Holidays
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Company Bonus Program
Internal Growth Opportunities
Free Uniforms and Steel Toed Shoes
For additional information on our company culture, company benefits, or to potentially get scheduled for an interview, please text SHOCKS to 25000
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection