Provides expertise in the design and flow of material throughout a manufacturing environment. Develops strategies, designs layout and monitors material availability, including cart and racking designs, material conversions, packaging equipment procurement lifecycle and quality and regulatory compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead optimization projects in the area of supply chain management (production planning and forecasting, warehouse processes, inventory management, order management, master data standardization, etc.)
- Designs and implements material delivery solutions for new projects, recurrent problems and continuous improvement of processes. (Kanban, Order related etc...)
- Ensures that in SAP raw materials and semi-finished products have IM/WM settings to implement the chosen logistics concept
- Ensure that in SAP semi-finished and finished products have implemented IM/WM/PP settings to implement the production planning and interoperability transfer strategy.
- According to production planning and line feeding strategies, organizes and marks the logistic areas of the lines
- Monitors that the supply of raw materials and semi-finished products to the production lines meets requirements. (Kanban, Order related etc...) Makes necessary changes to the material flow based on production throughput.
- Increase of parts/packaging density, optimization of parts protection, packaging modification for internal material flow.
- Analysis of the structure of the entire material flow, and construction of logistic concepts with consideration to the existing projects in the plant (tugger train concept and route optimization, full pallet vs KLT line feeding, Kanban structure)
- Manages work instructions for production operator training on material movement processes. (Kanban, Reservation, Returns)
- Coordinates and conducts testing of packaging designs in conjunction with quality assurance, internal customer requirements and method of transport to ensure integrity of product and ergonomics for the operators.
- Provides direction in support of initiatives for the re-use, recycling and disposal of packaging materials in Bilstein facilities.
- Defines, quotes and manages new racking requirements/ installation new business and layout changes.
- Supports Quality in the research and correction of field quality problems with component packaging.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or supply chain engineering or related field.
- Working knowledge and experience of packaging engineering in the automotive industry.
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain and ERP systems (SAP is a plus).
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Logistics and Manufacturing concepts (APICS-CPIM Certification is desirable).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of supply chain, transportation and logistics concepts in an automotive environment.
- Proven experience managing and delivering complex projects within scope, budget and on time.
- Ability to read/create technical drawings and specifications.
- Understanding on ergonomics and safety standards in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience independently performing calculation and evaluation of packaging fleet sizes.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills including formalized methodologies.
- Knowledgeable of APQP core tools: FMEA, SPC and PPAP.
- Knowledge and ability to create value stream mapping.
- Knowledge and ability to synthesize new and emerging technologies into manageable and practical applications.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Independent & organized work style with the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work responsibilities, assume and manage multiple tasks without close supervision, and meet deadlines.
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation packages, Bilstein of America proudly offers a rich history, steeped in innovation and a lasting commitment to our customers, employees and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.bilsteinrocks.com.
Benefits offered on the first of the month after your employment date:
- Medical, Dental and Optical
- 401(k) with 5% company match (after 90 days of employment)
- Company paid short-term disability (after 6 months employment)
- Paid personal time off
- Annual Company bonus