Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments. Sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate tools, mechanisms, and machines for experimental purposes by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair production equipment for a safe and productive work environment.
- Provide sound technical support to ensure facilities equipment is in a constant state of readiness.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) to maintain safety and increase up-time of equipment.
- Determine spare parts requirements and make recommendations for equipment.
- Train Facility Maintenance Technicians Level I and II according to certification process.
- Work on process support equipment improvement projects directed by the Facilities Engineering Dept.
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations provided by the company and government.
- Satisfactorily perform all requirements for a Facilities Maintenance Tech Level I & II,
- Perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and PLC`s repairs.
- Participate and contribute in a team environment by working with all levels of associates and coworkers.
- Document all corrective and preventive maintenance performed throughout the course of the day in SAP or other CMMS system.
- Perform all required duties and communicate information within shift overlap procedure.
- Assist Engineering in various projects, such as: Work Instructions, PM procedures, PdM procedures, Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, Workflow and Space requirements etc.
- Perform all quality checks including measurements and document in SPC system in accordance to job specifications and standard work practices within assigned work area.
- Adhere to all housekeeping SOP`s in and around work area including 5S standards.
- Work in accordance to all TS-16949 and ISO 14001 standards within assigned work area.
- Operate facility equipment within all specifications in assigned work area.
- Perform other duties specific to this position.
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3 to 7 years of prior experience repairing and performing maintenance on manufacturing machinery and in trouble shooting, electronics 12VDC-460 VAC, hydraulics, pneumatics, motor starters, pumps and PLC controls.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Possesses a stable work history, preferably in a manufacturing environment, and a strong personal desire to work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work ethic and willingness to do what needs to be done (without taking shortcuts.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude. Possesses a logical method of problem solving and willingness to learn and improve one’s skills. Demonstrates a strong commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements at all times.
- Must be able to work required overtime that can be substantial during peak customer production periods.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination and is able to perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Gains satisfaction from team accomplishments and takes pride in one’s contributions.
- Sets high expectations and achieves results.
- Uses time wisely and is accountable to self and the team.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds, perform repetitious duties and walk or stand for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and work instructions.
- Demonstrated reliability, good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- Basic use of a personal computer
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and be able to read, write, and speak in English.
Bilstein has great benefits to offer!
A Safe and Clean working environment. Temperature controlled manufacturing plant.
Health, Dental & Vision Coverage within 30 days of permanent hire.
401K Program with 50% vest at 1 year and 100% vest at 2 years
Paid Time Off + 13 Paid Holidays
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Company Bonus Program
Internal Growth Opportunities
Free Steel Toed Shoes
For additional information on our company culture, company benefits, or to potentially get scheduled for an interview, please text SHOCKS to 25000
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection