ThyssenKrupp Aerospace NA is looking for a Machine Operator. You will apply metal to customer orders and accurately process material according to the work order specifications. You will ensure that processing equipment is maintained in a safe and clean condition. You will also maintain processing area in a clean, safe and orderly manner. Complete all required information entry accurately. You will also be working alongside a diverse group of people.
To be considered for this Job, you MUST have:
- An individual must possess a high school diploma/ GED
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs
- Perform basic math skills
We HIGHLY prefer candidates who have:
- Previous warehouse experience - especially in the metals industry
- Previous forklift experience
- Use of hand held measuring tools
- Computer literate.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Operate cranes, forklifts, and other material handling equipment.
- Pull, inspect and verify product before processing
- Properly and safely set up equipment to run material to set up note specifications.
- Process set up notes according to work order specifications
- Verify that product meets set up note specifications per written work instructions and record measurements (sampling plan)
- Communicate with appropriate sales representative regarding changes/clarification to orders
- Perform equipment preventive maintenance
- Properly enter/delete material identification tags per written instructions
- Perform general clean-up
- Assist in the packaging of material per written work instructions and work order
- Maintain issued measurement equipment in working condition
- Properly operate weighing scale and record inspection measurements
- Identify, record, and segregate scrap and any non-conforming material
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding machine efficiency and product quality.
- Complete job responsibilities in a manner that does not put him/herself or other individuals in an unsafe situation.
- Train others when required
- Assist in any activities related to lean and/or quality
thyssenkrupp Materials, LLC (Aerospace) offers a very competitive compensation plan. We invite you to start your career with us by applying today. Once you are selected, you would enjoy the following benefits as a valued member of our organization:
- Medical (BCBSIL), dental (Delta Dental) and vision (VSP) benefits effective the first of the month following your hire date with thyssenkrupp Aerospace.
- Employee Basic and Optional Life Insurance/AD&D
- FSA and HSA options
- Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity & Critical Illness benefits are offered through Allstate.
- Additional Voluntary Benefits include Legal Insurance and ID Theft
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k plan with a 100% employee match up to the first 4% - employees vest after 3 years of service
- 3 weeks (120 hours) paid vacation (pro-rated based on date of hire). Ability to purchase up to a week of vacation during open enrollment for the following year, ability to rollover up to 40 hours of vacation into the next year.
- Holiday Pay: For a 5-day 8-hour shift you will receive up to 88 hours of holiday pay, for a 4-day 10-hour shift, you will receive up to 80 hours of holiday pay, and for a 3-day 12-hour shift you will receive up to 72 hours of holiday pay depending on the date of hire and the holiday schedule posted as it changes yearly.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 8 hours paid time off for Volunteering with charities
- Job Training and Development programs
- Career Pathway program for hourly employees for internal job progression and wage transparency, ability to receive increases two times a year (excludes Indiana)
- Discount Programs on travel, auto, entertainment, tickets, beauty, spa, health, and wellness.
ThyssenKrupp Materials NA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you believe your experience, competencies and attitude are a STRONG MATCH with the above description, we would love to hear from you.
Qualified candidates please apply. Recruiters, Agencies or third parties please don’t contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers. Only full time positions are available. (Local Candidates Only) Role specific