The Graphic Industrial Designer is responsible for creating and releasing product renderings, graphic designs, tradeshow material, customer content and communication visuals to support the BILSTEIN Brand. Support engineering and acquisitions in product drawings and renderings to generate new business. Will be in charge of planning and creating all digital material to be used in internal and external materials including but not limited to product portfolio visuals, UI and UX design, shock renderings, co-branded label designs, artwork for merchandise, presentations and more. This creative person is expected to bring new thinking and design inspiration to key stakeholders and find creative ways to deliver key messages and announcements through industrial design graphics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the North American Sales and Acquisitions Team in providing product renderings, drawings and branded/co-branded visuals for marketing purposes.
- Liaises with internal departments and external agencies to ensure full communication and success of marketing projects.
- Creates digital content to be used for internal communications, external customer projects and marketing efforts (static, animated, photography/videography, improving user interfaces)
- Develops an in-depth understanding of BILSTEIN’s operations and business practices and the broader automobile industry.
- Tells the story of BILSTEIN’s growth and efforts to execute the company’s strategic objectives, specifically related to its various products to internal and external audiences.
- Drafts storyboards and other visual materials for awarded business and potential business.
- Design all company apparel, stickers, giveaways, vehicle wraps and event assets.
- Interfaces with customers on 3D models, drawings and data in the appropriate software systems.
- Takes direction from Product Engineers on drawing and design changes.
- Provides answers to customer questions and inquiries, resolves concerns and issues and communicates general updates on programs and projects to Sales and Acquisition Team.
- Ensures professionalism and consistency in our messaging to employees and stakeholders
- Works with key business units across the organization to ensure that consistent messages are being developed and communicated.
- Assists the Global Marketing team in developing events, activities and promotional tactics designed to increase visibility in the community and among OEM and AM customers.
- Bachelor's degree preferred from an accredited college or university in Industrial Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, Engineering, Marketing, or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in the delivery of clear and concise communication to internal and external audiences, using traditional and digital means of delivery. Excellent command of English grammar.
- Proficient and proven CAD experience designing solid models in Catia V5 and renderings in Keyshot
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator and Photoshop required)
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle multiple needs and priorities.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with proven experience creating documents, forms, graphs, etc. is required.
- Must be hardworking and results-oriented with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you work under pressure and can meet critical deadlines both during normal business operations and after hours as warranted.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, product drawings and work instructions
- Ability to communicate to engineers and suppliers simple design and engineering conditions.
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work ethic and willingness to do what needs to be done (without taking shortcuts).
- Demonstrated reliability, good initiative, committed and quality-focused
- Highly organized with ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed organizational and communication skills.
- Proven experience developing work processes to improve outcomes for the team/customers.
- Excellent time-management and project-management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Exercise sound business judgment and demonstrating professionalism and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to travel 15% of the time.
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation packages, Bilstein of America proudly offers a rich history, steeped in innovation and a lasting commitment to our customers, employees and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.bilsteinrocks.com.
Benefits offered on the first of the month after your employment date:
- Medical, Dental and Optical
- 401(k) with 5% company match (after 90 days of employment)
- Company paid short-term disability (after 6 months employment)
- Paid personal time off
- Annual Company bonus