Summary of Responsibilities:
Working as a member of a team, assembles component parts to company specifications and customer expectations consistent with the Bilstein’s quality and productivity standards.
- Assembles component parts to company specifications and customer expectations in a manner consistent with the company’s quality and productivity standards. Requires a sufficient understanding of the functional operation of the items assembled as well as the finished product.
- Inspects all parts for proper assembly and cosmetic defects. Tags any non-conforming parts with re-work labels and places in re-work bin.
- Ensures all parts are assembled per specification.
- Maintains a clean workstation and cleans-up production areas as required.
- Sets up machines per work instructions.
- Learn all machines in work area.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrate a willingness to move to other lines and cells to fill company needs.
- Follows all safety guidelines and wears all Personal Protective Equipment.
- Proactively addresses situations and takes into consideration the feelings, opinions and thoughts of others.
- Communicates test results, ideas and problems to production technicians and engineers.
- Identifies discrepant materials/components both in writing and verbally to supervisor.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by Line/Team Leads or any other member of the mangement team.
- Possesses a stable work history, preferably in a manufacturing environment, and a strong personal desire to work safely and maintain a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work ethic and willingness to do what needs to be done (without taking shortcuts.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with decimals, and strong mechanical aptitude. Possesses a logical method of problem solving and willingness to learn and improve one’s skills. Demonstrates a strong commitment to meet and exceed customer requirements at all times.
- Must be able to work required overtime that can be substantial during peak customer production periods.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination and is able to perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Gains satisfaction from team accomplishments and takes pride in one’s contributions.
- Sets high expectations and achieves results.
- Uses time wisely and is accountable to self and the team.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds, perform repetitious duties and walk or stand for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and work instructions.
- Demonstrated reliability, good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and be able to read, write, and speak in English.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
- Basic use of a personal computer
Certifications & licenses (i.e. CPA, etc.):
- None required
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Bilstein has great benefits to offer!
A Safe and Clean working environment. Temperature controlled manufacturing plant.
Health, Dental & Vision Coverage within 30 days of permanent hire.
401K Program with 50% vest at 1 year and 100% vest at 2 years
Paid Time Off + 13 Paid Holidays
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Company Bonus Program
Internal Growth Opportunities
Free Steel Toed Shoes
For additional information on our company culture, company benefits, or to potentially get scheduled for an interview, please text SHOCKS to 25000
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection