- After orientation in existing structures and processes, successive assumption of responsibility in scouting and feasibility studies for internal and external decarbonization projects
- Implementation of own, sustainable new technology developments in initial process engineering processes (process development and design)
- Supporting the department in the evaluation of processes and technologies with regard to carbon footprint (CO2 emissions) and the definition of emission factors
- Perform qualified energy- and CO2 emission-calculations (PCF) / life cycle assessments (LCA) of production facilities as well as for complete sites, and initiate certifications
- Identification, analysis and tracking of existing, new and emerging national and international/global environmental regulations in the field of greenhouse gas emissions
- Further development and implementation of proprietary calculation programs to determine and reduce greenhouse gas emissions (Scope 1 to 3)
- Contribution of PCF/LCA expertise in the development of new green technology routes (e.g. MtX applications) but also in the execution of internal/external carbon assessments and consultancies
- Scientific university degree in thermal/chemical process engineering, environmental engineering or technical chemistry, if applicable with doctoral degree
- First professional experience in process development, evaluation and design
- Knowledge in CO2 balancing of sustainable and process engineering processes based on quantitative and qualitative parameters
- Affinity for tracking international environmental standards
- Enjoyment of wide-ranging tasks with willingness to learn new topics quickly
- Basic understanding of refining/petrochemical/chemical processes
- Team-oriented approach and the ability to communicate convincingly within the team and to customers
- Fluent in written and spoken English, ability to communicate in German on working level as well
- Willingness to take over internal/external lectures and presentations
Collegial cooperation and respect in our interaction with each other - that's what you'll find with us since more than 200 years. We can only survive in a competitive environment with excellently qualified specialists.
Numerous health and further education measures as well as regulated working hours including the possibility of mobile working.
An attractive collectively agreed salary, retirement benefits as well as a 13th month's salary and vacation pay.
Are you ready for thyssenkrupp? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your application documents exclusively via our thyssenkrupp online portal.
Head of Human Resources Development
+ 49 231 547 4267