The Chicago office of thyssenkrupp North America, LLC is seeking students or recent graduates to work in their Corporate Tax Department. During this assignment, you will be a valuable team member learning and assisting in all aspects of the tax department, including:
- Preparation of federal and state income tax returns, personal property tax returns and sales and use tax returns,
- Preparing responses to inquiries from government agencies
- Preparation of working papers to support the accounting for income taxes under International accounting standard 12
With operating companies throughout North America, the company is a diversified conglomerate with its worldwide headquarters located in Germany.
- Students entering junior or senior year, or recent graduate, with an overall GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Completion of intermediate accounting courses, tax courses a plus.
- Interest in corporate tax as a career. Position will provide hands-on experience in the data analysis and preparation of workpapers and corporate tax returns.
- Eligible to work full time in the United States, without sponsorship.
- Strong experience with Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Pay range: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
- A student taking the winter semester off who can work 40 hours a week throughout the winter, spring, and potentially summer months
- A December graduate who has accepted a position with a start date that is in the late summer / early fall and wants an opportunity for extra income and experience
- A December graduate who is looking for experience in a large, global organization
Internships are scheduled to begin January and continue through June, with possible extension through August. Work hours are Monday through Friday (40 hour work week) with possible overtime as needed.
This is a remote work opportunity.
Das bieten wir
Competitive salary and bonus programs, health benefits, and 401K.
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection