WEST COAST! This role is for you! Our growing and developing safety team is expanding and looking for a Regional Safety Coordinator. You will report to our Director fo Safety and support 7 west coast locations.
Summary of Position:
We are currently seeking a Safety Coordinator based out of our Santa Fe Springs, CA facility. Do you like to travel? This position requires extensive travel: 50% - 70% travel to plant locations across the US.
· Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Responsible for maintaining a proactive Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) culture by providing leadership and expertise.
· Regularly conducts assessments and partner with facility and regional leadership to identify environmental, health and safety areas of risk and implement proactive strategy to drive sustainable results and improvement.
· Capitalize on opportunities to build the knowledge and capabilities of leaders and employees around workers compensation, safety, health, and environmental practices
· Interacts with employees in all functions and levels, subcontractors, outside vendors and other non-company contacts to drive EHS initiatives and culture
· Assures company safety, health, and environmental programs are fully implemented and functional in meeting compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, regulations, guidelines and ThyssenKrupp Materials North America’s key performance indicators (KPIs).
· Makes certain employees maintain a high awareness of safety, health, and environmental initiatives
· Ensures the implementation of continuous improvement programs and compliance with EHS regulations Measures and reports to Group Company leadership on site and company level metrics related to program compliance and completion
· Keeps current on federal, state, and local legislation regarding NFPA/OSHA/EPA compliance requirements.
· Maintains knowledge of current and emerging issues and trends in area of regulatory compliance.
· Ensures the development and maintenance of site-specific manuals, records of inspections, and incidents relating to EHS issues.
· Provides 24X7 on-call support for emergencies and critical issues
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
- Knowledge of federal, state, OSHA/EPA regulations, safety equipment
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated success managing large projects and initiatives, documenting procedures and
- building and executing safety and/or environmental programs
- Demonstrated success in driving consistent improvement in leading indicators for EHS
- Effective communication, influencing, and coaching skills with individuals at all levels
- Strong incident investigation, root cause analysis and continuous improvement skills
- Willingness and ability to provide 24X7 on call support for emergencies
- Willingness to travel 50-75% across the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Safety with at least 2 years within a manufacturing or industrial setting
**Must be eligible to work in the USA, no sponsorship opportunities available for this role**
Travel - US and Canada (potential)
Salary + Bonus Opportunity
Work cross-functionaly with Quality, Sales, and Plant Operators. Link with other Regional Safety Coordinators in an effort to provide top quality safety across all of USA and Canada!
Das bieten wir
We value people as our greatest resource and offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, employer-matched 401(k) plan, paid time off and an array of employee purchasing incentives.
If you are interested in furthering your education, we have awesome reimbursement programs for graduate, undergraduate, trade school and more!
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection