thyssenkrupp Uhde USA is a leading technology-driven engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCm) company in the chemical plant engineering and construction business.
We are seeking an experienced Proposal Manager with a strong background in Ammonia, Hydrogen and Low Carbon Chemicals projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating the development of early studies, FEED, detailed engineering, procurement, and EPCm proposals for hydrogen and low carbon chemicals projects in North America. The role requires a customer-facing approach, as you will engage with clients to understand their project requirements, develop tailored solutions, and prepare compelling proposals. This is a key role within our organization, contributing to the growth and success of our business in the rapidly evolving clean energy sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary point of contact for customers during the proposal development phase.
- Engage with customers to understand their project objectives, technical requirements, and commercial considerations.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, addressing their queries, concerns, and feedback throughout the proposal process.
- With support from the technical team, provide expert guidance and advice to clients on technical aspects related to hydrogen and low carbon chemical projects.
- Lead the end-to-end development of proposals for studies and EP projects, ensuring alignment with customer requirements, project specifications, and company capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including business development, commercial, engineering, procurement, and construction departments, to gather the necessary inputs and develop comprehensive proposals.
- Conduct technical and commercial feasibility studies, assessing the viability and cost-effectiveness of proposed solutions.
- Prepare detailed project schedules, cost estimates, resource plans, and risk assessments for inclusion in the proposals.
- Develop innovative approaches and value propositions to differentiate our proposals and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with the company internal proposal development process, and securing internal stakeholder’s approvals.
Proposal Writing and Presentation:
- Write clear, concise, and persuasive proposal documents that effectively communicate the project scope, methodology, deliverables, and value proposition.
- Create visually appealing presentations and graphics to enhance proposal content and facilitate client understanding.
- Coordinate with technical experts and subject matter specialists to ensure accurate and compelling proposal narratives.
- Present proposals to clients in a professional and engaging manner, highlighting key benefits, technical capabilities, and project execution strategies.
Market Research and Competitive Analysis:
- Stay updated with the latest trends, regulations, and advancements in the hydrogen and low carbon chemicals sectors.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify market opportunities, industry benchmarks, and potential risks.
- Leverage market insights to develop tailored solutions and value propositions that address customer needs and differentiate our proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Proven experience (5 -7 years) in EP/EPC proposal management
- Solid understanding of project management principles, including cost estimation, scheduling, and risk assessment.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Customer-focused mindset with experience in managing customer relationships and delivering customer-facing presentations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop innovative solutions tailored to customer requirements.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple proposals simultaneously.
- Proficiency in proposal writing, including technical narratives, cost estimates, and project schedules.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards, regulations, and best practices in the hydrogen and low carbon chemical sectors.
- Willingness to travel to client sites and industry conferences as needed.
- Experience in the hydrogen, ammonia, methanol, or low carbon chemicals sector.
- Technical knowledge of hydrogen production technologies, low carbon chemical processes, and related engineering concepts.
Health, Safety, and Environmental are core values of our company!
- You will be expected to actively promote, support, and participate in the INCIDENT FREE philosophy and work in a safe manner at all times.
Das bieten wir
YOUR BENEFITS WITH US:
thyssenkrupp Uhde USA recognizes and appreciates the exceptional quality of its employees. We are proud to offer challenging jobs with competitive benefits. Employees of tkIS USA receive a variety of financial and personal job benefits. The suite of benefits offered is meant as a supplement to your financial package and adds to your total compensation. Below is a brief summary of benefits which are available to all full-time employees:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance - Company Paid
- STD/LTD - Company Paid
- FSA & HSA
- Voluntary Accident
- Hospital Indemnity
- Critical Illness
- Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) Plan
- Roth IRA
- Supplemental Life & ADD
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection