We are looking for an experienced project manager who has a background in the automotive industry at an OEM or tier 1 supplier. In this role you will work with cross functionally with all areas of the organization and will be heavily involved in the program acquisition phase. This position will work out of our Poway, CA office and is eligible for a hybrid-remote schedule. Occasional travel to our other plants and customer locations may be required.
- Manage large, complex development programs
- Full management of the program acquisition phase including analyze RFQ, conduct feasibility study, establish SOW, set program budget, and complete product cost estimation
- Create program timing plan in line with customer main milestones. Monitor progress and create recovery plan when required.
- Leads cross-functional/cross-continental locations Project Teams (Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Process, Manufacturing, Logistics) to achieve project timeline and goals
- Work closely with customers to update them with project status and discuss open items
- Monitor program budget and issue Changes Notices to customers, when required.
- Analyze data and develop meaningful KPIs to present the status of programs and escalate critical issues
- Present the status of projects in Steering committee
- Monitor and support projects after production
- Compliance to contract order quantity
- Support to remove obstacles. (Supply chain, quality issues, etc.)
- Assist with post production project management of major changes
Our ideal candidate is an experienced project manager with aftermarket automotive experience. You should have a proven track record of successfully managing cross-functional project teams for design, development and introduction of new products. You should also have experience in a technical role in the product lifecycle process. To be successful in this role you will need:
- 5+ years project management experience at an automotive OEM or tier 1 supplier
- 2+ years’ experience supervising technical personnel preferred
- Experienced in program acquisition phase
- Lean Manufacturing experience required
- Strong organizational, planning, and people skills.
- The ability to juggle competing priorities, handle diversity and provide leadership through problem resolution.
- Inspiring degree of initiative and drive, including a dynamic personality with the ability to influence others
- Exceptional presentation ability, including written and oral, to all levels of management.
- Advanced working knowledge of Power Point, Visio, and Excel.
- Working knowledge with SAP, Oracle, MS. Access, SmartSheet or similar programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent education and experience is preferred.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus
Das bieten wir
Your Benefits With Us
- Hybrid-remote work schedule available
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Company-Paid Short-term Disability
- Annual credit to company store
- Discount employee shocks
- Fitness benefit