The Piping Engineer will be responsible for ensuring project piping, supports, material line class specifications, and overall plant designs satisfy the project specific piping design criteria. The piping engineer will develop and verify the deliverables meet industry pressure piping codes and standards, and result in a safe, economical design that also protects equipment assets for the department to enable the organization to meet its business objectives. The engineer has overall responsibility for the execution of piping engineering and design along with plant layout work and assures and monitors budget, schedule, and quality.
- Possesses and displays all the general characteristics of and understands and effectively applies the responsibilities of a Piping Engineer
- Possesses lead responsibility as required over a group of engineers on large or multiple projects
- Responsible for the technical standards and procedures of a group of engineers and designers
- Responsible for an important engineering project or an entire engineering program
- Networks across company offices to facilitate resource sharing and leverages technical expertise to achieve project and business objectives
- Provides technical direction to the piping engineering and plant layout function.
- Monitors engineering, design execution, and deliverables development on a Project Level. Evaluates technical solutions and methods, quality of work product, productivity of engineers, cost vs. budget for procured items, and schedule performance.
- Ensure all rotating equipment applications, designs, specifications, vendor bids, and vendor documentation satisfies project standards and applicable design standards / codes.
- Acts on a project level as required to solve technical issues.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive programs and activities of major consequence.
- Displays good understanding of general PE requirements and needs.
- Technical Responsibilities
- Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments on a departmental level.
- Reviews design basis documents and execution plans.
- Checks complex work and maintains, develops and implements engineering procedures and technical standards and specifications for their discipline.
- Reviews cost estimates (materials, equipment and Man-hour) within their discipline.
- Assures work is carried out in accordance with company technical standards and procedures and evaluates/changes procedures based on project specific feedback.
- Fully versed in plant design and the piping discipline and maintains an advanced level understanding of how engineering concepts are applied to solve problems specific to piping and layout
- Performs complex design tasks independently without the need for supervision
- Participates in the development and updates of engineering schedules for various projects
- Provides leadership, mentoring and instruction of junior level engineers
- Receives general administrative direction from management.
- Follows schedule priorities set by the project
- Routinely interacts with co-workers, suppliers, clients, customers, official contacts, contractors, and others.
- Possesses exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Routinely interacts with organization leaders, suppliers, clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others
- BS/MS Engineering, Applied Science, or equivalent.
- PE registration required in Louisiana
- NCEES record preferred
- Ability to maintain existing PE licenses and add licenses in new states in accordance to project requirements.
Expected Min. Years of Relevant Industry Experience
- 10+ years
Health, Safety, and Environmental are core values of our company!
You will be expected to actively promote, support, and participate in the INCIDENT FREE philosophy and work in a safe manner at all times.
Das bieten wir
thyssenkrupp Uhde USA recognizes and appreciates the exceptional quality of its employees. We are proud to offer challenging jobs with competitive benefits. Employees of tkIS USA receive a variety of financial and personal job benefits. The suite of benefits offered is meant as a supplement to your financial package and adds to your total compensation. Below is a brief summary of benefits which are available to all fulltime employees:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance - Company Paid
- STD/LTD - Company Paid
- FSA & HSA
- Voluntary Accident
- Hospital Indemnity
- Critical Illness
- Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) Plan
- Roth IRA
- Supplemental Life & ADD
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click on the following link: California Job Applicant Notice of Collection